gas tank designed and test fitting new back wheels and brakes.
I tried to make a cardboard gas tank and see how well it fits. with a tank this size I will have plenty of gas but I haven’t added up its size yet to see how much gas it will really hold. I am trying to get 15 gallons so if it is more than that I probably will cut it down some to make more room for other stuff. I know that 1 cubic foot is 7.48 gallons so I will measure the tank next time I think about it and try and figure out how much it holds. The only problem with the tank sitting there is that the only way to take it out is to have the body off the car. I might be able to take it out by cutting the rear firewall but I really would rather not do that. It is a good spot for the tank other than not being able to take it out easy.
The bottom row of pictures shows the new rims. The backspacing on the new rims is 7 1/4 inch. that is plenty to put the tires under the fenders. I noticed one problem though, the upper ball joint grease fitting is not going to clear. I can either grease it up then just seal the hole with something else or try and fit a smaller grease plug on it. I will have to look around and see what I can come up with for that. The rear brakes off the eldorado fit the front rotors and mounts just fine but they are way to close to the cv joint on the axle. I will try grinding down the extra metal on the caliper and hopefully that will fix the problem.