Restoration

Dec 17 1999 – Right after getting the car home

Dec 26 1999 – Detailed Pics of the car’s problems

Dec 27 1999 – Making a mold of the broke drivers window

Jan 02 2000 – stripping the body off the frame

Jan 07 2000 – Detailed pics of the body and frame

Jan 07 2000 – Removing the old wiring from the dash

Jan 08 2000 – Filling in the old gauge holes in the dash

Jan 10 2000 – test fitting the gauges in the new layout

Jan 16 2000 – Checking the layout with the Steering Wheel and wiring the gauges

Feb 01 2000 – Pictures of the Subaru EA-82 engine before removal

Feb 06 2000 – Pics of the 76 Eldorado to be used in the future engine swap

Mar 12 2000 – Old VW engine to be used for the summer

Mar 17 2000 – Re-installing the body

Mar 18 2000 – Test fitting the Trunk

May 09 2000 – First try starting the motor and a bit of interior work.

May 20 2000 – finishing up the motor details and putting a delco alternator on it.

May 29 2000 – First time driving the car under its own power and detailed pics of the shaky jake pinstripes

Jun 01 2000 – final hinge setup with gas struts installed

May 06 2002 – Finally an update 🙂 Pictures of the car before getting ready to repair and repaint. trying to show what condition the stripes are in and what they looked like.

May 15 2002 – Start of Fiberglass work

Jun 07 2002 – right after finishing up the paint job

Jun 22 2002 – Pictures from the Madison Car show

Aug 05 2002 – Pictures from the Logan Car show

The restoration of the car went pretty well. I drove it for a while after restoring it. It was always kind of underpowered though. I fixed that with the V8 Conversion of the car.