Gas pedal finally fixed and working brake lights.
Well I finally got a good working gas pedal in the car. The old caddy one was bad to come off its mounts and didn’t have much range of movement. The new pedal with all the return springs and linkages took off it works pretty good now. I put a small spring on it to hold tension on the pedal just in case it pulls away and lets some air in the line or something.
With it running decent and a bit more tuning on the engine it is starting to run nice and smooth. It idles a lot quieter and has real quick throttle response. I figure the only lights that are needed to drive it to the shop for a muffler are the brake lights. They were pretty easy to wire up I just used a pressure sensor hooked to the back brakes to light them up. The back end of the car still sits in pretty much the same place it used to over the tires but I don’t quite think anyone is going to mistake it for a VW based car anymore with the look the last picture in this set 🙂