A few pictures of the new transmission mount and other things.
well the frame looks almost exactly the same as last time but there has been a lot of work done to it. All the welding is done now, the trans mount is solid and all the tubes are welded together. The floorpan should be in tomorrow and it won’t take much to weld it together and finish up the frame. I think there are 2 diagonal bars that we are going to add from the dashboard bar down to the crossmember to add more strength to the frame but other than that you could probably connect a steering wheel to it and drive it like it is 🙂
I ordered a radiator from McCulloch Fabricating in AZ to fit the front of the body. I gave it a 1/2 inch of clearance around everything so it should just fit in with rubber isolators to keep vibrations away from it. I called and talked to them a while, they know their stuff and can make a radiator for about anything, he didn’t even think I was insane when I told him what I was building.
If you look at the last picture you can see how far the back tires stick out. that outer rail is 1/2 inch inside the body so when the body is on the car the tire will be about 3 inches to wide. The rims I have on it are 3.5 inch backspacing so if I go with the 7.75 inch backspacing rims it should fit about like original. I still am going to wait on ordering them until the body is back on the car just to make sure I don’t get the wrong spacing. My new gauge set came in, I ordered this set from Dakota digital, it is a nice setup and came out being about the same price as new analog gauges and sending units.
I should be bringing the car home this weekend if all goes well and the floor pan metal actually shows up on time…..