The rotors are mounted and wheels put on.
the frame hasn’t changed much but a lot of other odds and ends have been taken care of. I got the front rotors with a chevy bolt pattern on it and the rear rotors have been redrilled to a standard chevy pattern. once I got those rotors mounted, I put the wheels on it so it would be easier to move it around and work on it. The back wheels are sitting like that since the upper a-arms do not have any bolts in them they are just sitting in their mounts. with the back wheels on it it is easier to see how far off the backspacing is on the back tires. I will have to have at least 3 more inches of backspacing to get them under the fenders. I will order them as soon as the car is home and I can make sure of how well the trunk lid fits over them first though. I was hoping that I could get away with around 3 inches more since that puts me in good shape for a few different rims that have offsets near 6-8 inches. I can even order some more centerline rims like the ones I have on it with a 7 3/4 inch backspacing. Those will put the tires just an inch wider than what they started out as.
I also am sure that the transmission mount has to be moved now. You can see how it looks on that first picture. Once I got a measurement from the back tires then it is obvious that the bar is to far back and it is going to have to be moved to over the top of the bellhousing. It will work out better there because it will give me a place to mount the transmission cooler and oil cooler without having them in the way of anything else or having a chance of getting them hit with rocks.
I ordered a set of 850lb springs for the back end. I figure the front is way to stiff with the springs on the front from that old pinto so I might as well make the back ones match it 🙂 At least I won’t have to worry about a sway bar on it for a while.