Pictures of the Subaru EA-82 engine before removal
I decided this engine needed some work to get it running. I tried to make some sense out of it. I managed to get the timing belts installed on it and some of the covers even looked like they could fit without much trouble. I started to look closely at the engine wiring and decided whoever took it out of the donor car was a complete idiot. all the wiring was cut and none of it matched anything. The manual I got with it was for a Subaru and the wiring diagram didn’t match what was on this engine in the slightest. Some of the wires color codes were right and some of it was not even close to correct looking. I gave up on this wiring and started to look for a way to fit a carb onto this engine. At least that way it could be used without much trouble. after checking around for a few days I realized there wasn’t a single subaru of any kind in a junkyard around here. So since nobody around would buy this engine and I wasn’t able to use it I just ripped it off the car and stuck it in a corner of my building and would figure out what to do with it later. All I had to do now was find a running VW engine to stick on it.